Monday, July 12, 2010

How I learned about Isagenix

It all started a couple of weeks ago when a buddy I've known for over 18 years told me he's completed a month of Isagenix. I didn't much about Isagenix at the time..but I had a negative bias towards it because it's MLM (Multi-level-marketing). I was shocked that my friend, who's done very well as the owner of his business, would get involved with this, but he explained to me that he was looking for some passive monthly income that would provide the family a bit more security while he took risks with some new business ventures.

Fair enough..but why Isagenix ? He said that his wife and sister-in-law had done the program and had seen serious results. He did the 30-day cleanse himself and dropped 18 lbs. The results are what got him really excited. He said he had more energy, more stamina, fewer inches and less body fat %.

Fair enough....but what about long terms affects and dependency and costs ? So I started to do some research. I did a bunch of googling such as "isagenix scam", "isagenix reviews", "isagenix lawsuits" and a few other negative search terms. There were definitely some naysayers, but not nearly as many as I expected. A common complaint of naysayers said that they did experience weight loss but put it back on fairly soon. A few people however commented on their posts asking whether they reverted back to their old eating habits or adopted the new habits that the 30 day cleanse was supposed to teach.

Over the few days, I've come up with a lot of questions and have figured out some of the answers. I'll set up a Q&A post which will keep a running log of the questions and answers. If you'd like to have a question answered, please let me know.

Anyway..I've done sufficient research to convince myself that there's very little downside in doing the 30-day cleanse. Best case scenario, it's really works and I drop about 15lbs. cultivate much healthier eating habits, gain faith in the product and become more open to the business. Worst case scenario, I drop a few pounds but not enough to justify the cost, don't fully believe in the product and therefore can't really become an advocate of it and sell it.

FYI..The 30-day cleanse cost me $279 US + membership fee + shipping. The total cost on my credit card was $316.22 USD.

No comments:

Post a Comment