Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 8 : The first cleanse day

Today was the first of 4 cleanse days I have to go through in the 30 day program. Basically, it's you're taking the Isagenix Cleanse for Life drink mix 4 times over the course of the day. This means skipping the shakes as well as the normal 400-600 calories meal. Snacks are allowed.

To be honest, it wasn't brutal. At one point was a bit hungry and I ate an organic apple which quelled the pangs. I've read that the IsaCleanse tastes terrible. I got the powder and mixed it with 4oz of water as per the instructions and it was fine. Not something I'd choose to drink for leisure..but not gag-inducing either. I drank a tonne of water today as well..at least 100oz.

Here's the recap :

9am - IsaSnack (reminds me of a chocolate tablet..they call it a wafer)
9:15am - IsaCleanse
12pm - IsaCleanse
2pm - played squash for an hour
3pm - hard-boiled egg
5pm - IsaCleanse
8pm - apple
10pm - IsaCleanse

Workout : I did play squash for an hour and I totally noticed a difference in my energy levels. Even in the 5th game, I was able to move the way I wanted to and wasn't nearly as winded as I would have been two months ago.

Tip of the Day : I came across this quote a couple of days ago and I really like it : "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Jim Rohn

Tomorrow : The weigh in, the measurements and new photos. I'm actually looking forward to it !

No comments:

Post a Comment