Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 4- A bit of a cheat day

I knew that tonight's dinner would be at an Italian restaurant, where it would be very difficult to limit my intake to 400-600 calories. So I planned ahead and then enjoyed the dinner.

This morning when I weighed myself, I was delighted to see I had dropped 3.2 pounds since starting the program. I expect rapid weight loss because that's very common when starting a calorie-reduced diet, but it's gratifying to see the scale move in the right direction. See that stat this morning gave me the boost to resist temptation throughout the day.

Here's the recap

8am : Half a shake, Natural accelerator, Ionix Supreme
9am : water
10am : water
11am : water
12noon - apple
1pm : egg
2pm : water
3:30pm : Starbucks iced coffee, no milk, a little sweetener
7:30pm : assorted antipasto, veal scallopini, one small piece of bread and one bite of tiramisu. I said no to the bread and wine (there's a religious joke here somewhere) and even though it felt like a bit of a gorge, I tried to be as healthy as possible with what I chose to eat.
10pm : water

I'm interested to see how much this meal will set me back. I've read that a short boost in calories can actually speed up metabolism due to an increased production of the hormone leptin. Here's a link to an interesting article about it : http://yourendocrinologist.com/leptinboostdiet.html

Tip of the Day : Carry a bottle of water when you leave the house. Carry a bottle in your gym bag. Bring a bottle to your car. It's amazing how easy it is to drink lots of water when it's accessible ! It's also amazing how easy it is to go without water when not readily available.

No comments:

Post a Comment