Thursday, July 22, 2010

13 Healthy Snacks

I love snacks. I could eat snacks all day. And truth be told, I've done this more than once in my life which is probably why I'm in my current predicament of wanting to lose weight.

I receive a daily newsletter from a fitness expert. Here's his webpage.
http://www.truthaboutabs.com/meal-ideas-fitness-over-40.html

In his post today, he had 13 fat-burning and tasty snacks and some of them look very satisfying. I'm going grocery shopping today, so I'll pick up a few of the ones he recommends. I especially like the last one on the list : Cottage cheese with cinnamon, apple slices, and walnuts.

Here's the full list :

• Apple or other fruit with almond butter
• Hummus with carrot sticks or sliced red/yellow/orange peppers
• Guacamole with carrot sticks or sliced red/yellow/orange peppers
• Ricotta cheese (grass-fed if possible) mixed with cocoa powder, stevia, and vanilla extract (delicious high protein, low carb snack!)
• Cottage cheese mixed with yogurt, berries, and walnuts or pecans
• A couple hard boiled eggs with carrot and celery sticks and hummus (roasted red pepper hummus is my favorite)
• Celery sticks with organic peanut butter or almond butter (a classic quick snack)
• My famous healthy chocolate FUDGE recipe
• Avocado slices wrapped in deli turkey breast (one of my favorite quick snacks)
• A piece of sprouted grain toast (sprouted grain preferred nutritionally over "whole grain") with nut butter and berries
• Fresh sliced pineapple with a handful of macadamia nuts
• a bowl of blueberries mixed with raw almonds
• my quick and healthy fat-burning chocolate pudding recipe
• Cottage cheese with cinnamon, apple slices, and walnuts (mmm, mmm good)

No comments:

Post a Comment