Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 11 - Pangs of guilt

After peaking around day 8 or 9, the last 48 hours haven't been stellar. Again, everything's relative so compared to my eating and exercise habits from a month ago, it's a vast improvement. However I haven't been following the program to a tee and I feel a little guilty.

I knew that my wife and I had dinner plans tonight, so I went easy on breakfast and lunch to save calories for dinner. I also decided to go to the gym at 11am today since I wouldn't be able to do a workout in the evening. For lunch, I got a salad from Salad House again which was filling. For dinner, we went for sushi and I got the Sashimi Silver special...18 pieces of sashimi which definitely filled me up. As I was eating the 12th piece and onward..I did think about the diet and having to post my gluttony tonight. But then the next piece of salmon sashimi was too good and I couldn't say no to the remaining pieces. Oh well. At least the food I ate was healthy, but I'm do feel a bit heavy and a little guilty I didn't have my two shakes.

Here's the recap
9am : Ionix Supreme
11am : Gym
12noon : shake with mango/blueberries
2pm : spinach salad with avocado, eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, blue cheese, raspberry vinagrette
6pm : green tea at Tim Hortons
8:30pm : 18 pieces of sashimi, miso soup, scoop of green tea ice cream,

Workout : 20 minute of high-intensity intervals that had me sweating buckets. Then pull ups, dips and deadlifts. Short workout that left me feeling pumped.

Tip of the Day : Don't go to the scale too many times daily. If anything measure yourself once a day in the morning or better yet once every 3 days. That way you don't get too upset if you gain a pound in 24 hours due to water (or poutine) retention.

No comments:

Post a Comment