Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 2 - Tougher than Day 1.

Today seemed a bit tougher than Day 1. Day 1 was a breeze for me as I've done 24 hour fasts before so adjusting to minimal calories for day 1 was easy. I made the mistake of sleeping less than 6 hours last night and I think that contributed to my general lethargy today. I did have mild headaches today as well. I walked around for about 20 minutes today during the day and then also did about 25 minutes of interval training on the elliptical where I burned over 400 calories according to the digital monitor.

So here's how's the day played out as I did Day 2 : Shake Day
7:30 : Chocolate Shake, Ionix Supreme, Natural Accelrator
9:30 : iced coffee from Starbucks w/ 1 sweetener (I had to justify the 2 hours of wifi I was about to use)
11am : water
12:30 : walked over to St Lawrence market in search for a balanced 400-600 calorie meal. I found this small place call Cruda cafe (no..not Crud Cafe) that sold vegan/organic meals. Interesting. I felt like I was being served by the Indigo Girls. Anyway..had a glow salad which had lots of greens, tomatoes, walnuts, avocado, raisins and a light apple/ginger dressing. Quite good.
2pm : I was hungry again, so I ate a small turkey burger patty and an IsaSnack. IsaSnacks are these small pieces of  chalky chocolate. They're not terrible but they're not great either.
4pm : water with lemon
5:30pm : gym..25 minutes of elliptical..drank a lot of water
6:30pm : vanilla milkshake (again with frozen berries)
8:00pm : raw broccoli and cauliflower with a bit of hummus
9:00pm : water
10pm : sleep

So today I did probably ingested around 1400 calories..but I did have a good workout, so I think I'm ok. I do have a slight headache and that's probably a combo of the lack of sleep, and the sugar withdrawal. I remember a similar feeling at the beginning of the Atkins Diet I did about 6 years ago.

Tip of the day : Get more than 6 hours of sleep ! One of the habits of a healthy lifestyle is getting adequate sleep. Whether you use Isagenix or not, there's a tonne of science-based research that support the merits of sleeping at least 7 hours a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment