Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 15 : Reflections at the halfway point

As I approach the halfway mark, a few reflections to summarize the first 15 days
1) The shakes and drinks don't taste that bad. In fact, nothing in the program is really a 'chore' to consume.
2) Each day requires planning with a strong dose of realism.
3) Losing weight will happen in the first week and each pound lost is another reason to stick with it.
4) Plateauing will happen in week 2. I'm not the only one to encounter this phenomenon. My explantion is that I dedicated my schedule in week 1 to Isagenix and shifted a couple of things to make sticking to the diet easier. In week two, I've been averaging about 1.5 social engagements per day and it's been hard to stick to the 2-shake, 1 meal type of day.
5) Portion control is critical to success. It requires self-control, but most successful people (regardless of endeavour) acheive their goal through dedication and self-control.
6) I'm not quite sure if the Isaflush or the Natural Accelerator actually have an impact.
7) The gym activity is critical to success. I'd recommend 30 minutes daily.
8) It's much easier to stick with the program if there's someone supporting you. A form of support is 'betting' that you can't acheive your goal and rewarding you if it does happen. My wife has promised me a mini-shopping spree when I get down to 200 pounds by the end of August.
9) It's awesome when old clothes start to fit again.
10) It's even more awesome when people look at you and say "You've lost weight, haven't you ?"

Here's the recap of the day.
9am : Ionic Supreme
11am : Shake
1pm : coffee w/ non-fat milk
2:30pm : apple
4pm : green tea and 4 multi-grain crackers
6pm : 2 small slices of pizza
9pm : shake

Workout : None today.

I need to do a cleanse day soon but I have to meetings tomorrow so tomorrow won't be a good day. Thursday's also bad because of another dinner.
So my plan is to do a 24-hour clean between 7pm Wed and 7pm Thurs. Hopefully it will be as effective as a normal day cleanse. We'll see.
I'll then do my weigh-in an measurements on Thurs evening before my dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment